Please keep our troops in your thoughts and prayers.
Our Premier Sponsors
Hawk's M14 Dummy Kits USATAC.com MandMini14.com LRB Arms of Long Island Ra Parts 44MAG.COM

Our Sponsors
M14.ca HueyGunner's Gunsmithingl Dwight's Gunleather Bill Ricca BattleArms Development Machinegun Books

Thanks Thanks:  87
Likes Likes:  23
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Rounds Down Range
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The National Match M14..

We all know that since the 90s it all depends on what the definition of is is.

2. Thanks 4570govt, VanHahner thanked for this post
    Likes m1ashooter liked this post
    Rounds Down Range
    Post Thanks / Like

Kicking a dead horse here.

I own a Springfield Armory National Match M1A.
    If you feel that Springfield is guilty of false advertising, then feel free to sue them for false advertising and good luck with that!
    U.S.M.C. Scout Sniper 67-68

4. Thanks 4570govt thanked for this post
    Machine Gunner
    Rounds Down Range
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VanHahner View Post
    Kicking a dead horse here.

I own a Springfield Armory National Match M1A.
    If you feel that Springfield is guilty of false advertising, then feel free to sue them for false advertising and good luck with that!

The Horse is alive and well.. With all due respect, you own a replica unless you have one of the original Govt. contracted models built before Springfield Armory closed.

This does not prevent you from calling the rifle anything you like.. The Comet

6. Thanks dave-2, wrwindsor, nf1e thanked for this post
    Rounds Down Range
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Comet View Post
    It may be important to have a clear understanding of exactly what the term implies..
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the title of your post is 'The National Match M14..'

A Lot of people refer to their M1A, or LRB, SA Inc, Smith, Fulton, Armscorp, Fed Ord, ChiCom, ect; As an M14 , but it is not
    Calling your AR15 a M16 would be ludicrous and would fall into same category as comparing a M14 to a M1A , even though both firearms on the surface look alike.

Bottom line: There is a category of M14's built to National Match specifications and there is also a National Match M1A built to Springfield Armory's specifications. They may differ in their match specifications, but to say there is no National Match M1A , is folly!
    U.S.M.C. Scout Sniper 67-68

Machine Gunner
    Rounds Down Range
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VanHahner View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the title of your post is 'The National Match M14..'

A Lot of people refer to their M1A, or LRB, SA Inc, Smith, Fulton, Armscorp, Fed Ord, ChiCom, ect; As an M14 , but it is not
    Calling your AR15 a M16 would be ludicrous and would fall into same category as comparing a M14 to a M1A , even though both firearms on the surface look alike.

Bottom line: There is a category of M14's built to National Match specifications and there is also a National Match M1A built to Springfield Armory's specifications. They may differ in their match specifications, but to say there is no National Match M1A , is folly!

Thank you, Since, as you state above, "They differ in speifications", and there is no Govt. contract with the Sprinfield replica being produced today, it can be misleading to use the word National. The last NM M14 was built TRW, I think in the late 1960's. Since it can not be National maybe a better choice would be, I have a Commercial Match M1A.. So do I... The Comet.

9. Thanks nf1e thanked for this post
    Rounds Down Range
    Post Thanks / Like

I call my M14 type rifles...M14s, that's because they are stamped that way. If I had an M1a I would call them that. The informed will know that the M1a was produced by SAI(Springfield Armory Incorporated) and all others stamped M14 could produced by any number of manufactures. How is this important...it's not.

We could argue this point til we are blue in the face and at the end of the day we would still believe what we believe.
    I don't own an M1a, I do own several(more than three) M14s and am very proud of the collection I have assembled.

As far as the question of whether a rifle is a NM or NM conditioned...when boiled down to gravy it is just a matter of semantics. M14 or M1a semantics...NM or NM conditioned again semantics, you get the idea.
    Have a nice day!

REN

You get the idea!

Rounds Down Range
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Renisin, it appears you have some commercial replicas of the M14 rifle. Some would call them fakes, but replicas works. We don't argue on this forum. We simply exchange information. As far a blue in the face, if you chose to , that's entirely up to you.
    To the folks that actually shoot, match conditioning can make a huge difference over a run of the mill reproduction.
    Because a rifle may look similar to an M14 means absolutely nothing.
    Just wondering if you have, personally, shot any your replicas and if so, how did they work out ?

Machine Gunner
    Rounds Down Range
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nf1e View Post
    Well Renisin, it appears you have some commercial replicas of the M14 rifle. Some would call them fakes, but replicas works for me.
    To the folks that actually shoot, match conditioning can make a huge difference over a run of the mill reproduction.
    Because a rifle may look similar to an M14 means absolutely nothing.
    Just wondering if you have, personally, shot any your replicas and if so, how did they work out ?

It must snowing up there, dragging you away from the range..

It is intresting that this is all just semantics, and it makes no difference.. At this point, in the Medical World, there is no known cure..

13. Thanks nf1e thanked for this post
    Likes Different liked this post
    Rounds Down Range
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it's about 20 degs and too windy for me to shoot today. Enjoying a bit of loading of Bamban's secret 136s.
    Also installing more of ShootingSights adjustable triggers in a few more trigger groups.
    Just came across the box of base turned cases you sent up. Guess I should actually load some up so I can give you a report.
    I still have 18 rnds of 168 smks loaded with 39.1 4895 M25 .012 jump 2350 fps that came from Texas 5/6/2017 as suggest load by the Comet. They are in line for testing.

15. Thanks 4570govt thanked for this post
    Rounds Down Range
    Post Thanks / Like

For what it's worth, I have always had a hard time with referring to any of these "replicas" as anything but the M14. Usually when posting as a compromise I refer to them all as M14 type rifles. I personally have never had a NM M14 or NM M1A, but I have had M14 type rifles with some NM modifications.

With my opinion and a buck and a half, I can still buy a can of Diet Pepsi. At least until the price of the Diet Pepsi goes up
    Semper-Fi! Hawk
    USMC 71-73

Life Member 3rd Mar Div Assoc.
    Life Member DAV
    Life Member M14RA (President)

Sparrowhawkm14dotcom Home of Hawk's M14 Dummy Kits(TM) and more

17. Thanks nf1e, 4570govt thanked for this post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast