Please keep our troops in your thoughts and prayers.
Our Premier Sponsors
Hawk's M14 Dummy Kits USATAC.com MandMini14.com LRB Arms of Long Island Ra Parts smithenterprise.com

Our Sponsors
M14.ca HueyGunner's Gunsmithingl Dwight's Gunleather Bill Ricca Machinegun Books

Thanks Thanks:  52
Likes Likes:  3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: M14 Parts - USGI Wood Stock Identification

Designated Marksman
    Rounds Down Range
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: M14 Parts - USGI Wood Stock Identification

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbs1204 View Post
    Howdy! Nooby here....Hi All.....

I hope this is the proper place to respond to an older thread.

I have 2 NOS Replacement stocks w/ the "B" marked on the butt at abt 5 o'clock.
    Both are Walnut, Dimpled Ferrule, Radiused Bbl Channel sides, but Squared on the left side at the rcvr.
    Radiused Porch, and single step inletting at rear of Trg Guard.

Neither have DAS or firing proof...
    Both have been inletted for Bedding...

These came w/ a batch of parts that seem like they came from a facility building Match Rifles..
    http://www.fortmoe.com/forum/download/file.php?id=27685 I hope the pic comes thru.
    The table in Post # 16 above has been updated. Do the two NOS "B" stamped replacement stocks each a stock liner?

2. Thanks Hawk thanked for this post
    Rounds Down Range
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: M14 Parts - USGI Wood Stock Identification

Quote Originally Posted by Different View Post
    Does anyone have a HRA (H stamp on the butt end) or a Winchester-Western (W-W stamp on the butt end) stock with a Defense Acceptance Stamp and a proof P marking? If so, is the "P" a serif font "P" or an Arial style "P"? TIA
    I have an H marked stock. Note: it also has an X stamped in the butt....??? The proof mark is a circle P Ariel style, the DAS is 3 stars arched, and the ferrule is staked with a prick punch.

See attached photos.

This has been on a rifle but I have no doubt it is unissued. A little powder residue from test firing but only 2 or 3 small compression marks. May it is a captian crunch take-off.

To top it off it's a walnut stock and it is figured (tiger striped) from butt to tip. The figuring is more prominent on the left side but is visible on the right side.

I'm in a quandary with this one. My back-up target rifle has a USGI NM barrel and is in a medium weight stock. I'd like to be able to put it in a GI stock for routine use. I have a four GI stocks including a fiberglass and of all of them this is the only one with good draw on the trigger group. But it's too nice looking to use for a truck gun.

Last edited by NMC_EXP; 21st March 2019 at 07:10 PM.
    “After all is said and done, successful rifle shooting on the range is nothing more than first finding a rifle and lot of ammunition which will do precisely the same thing shot after shot, and then developing the same skill in the rifleman.” ~ Capt. E. C. Crossman (The Book of the Springfield)

4. Thanks nf1e, polish29, Hawk, VanHahner, sergeant major, Different thanked for this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3