X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wrwindsor
    Administrator
    • Mar 2011

Pin arrangement in the M1 carbine

Anyone know if the pin arrangement for the hammer pin and the trigger group pin makes that much of a difference?

If you're looking at the top of the receiver, muzzle away, the hammer pin goes in from the left and the trigger group pin goes in from the right. (per the Kuhnhausen book)

(earlier, I thought they both went in from the same direction)
  • Pipeliner
    Machine Gunner
    • Mar 2015

Re: Pin arrangement in the M1 carbine

Never noticed that in Kuhnhausen's book, I've always put them both in from the right on M1s and M14s. Now I'll have to tear one down and check it out to see if its possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Guess I should have more coffee before I respond to something. I see we are talking about carbines now, maybe I should just go back to sleep.

- - - Updated - - -

Now to respond to your post with a little more intelligence, mine is currently assembled like Kuhnhausen says. I looked at pictures of mine I took in the past and it appears that I have assembled it both ways at different times. Never noticed any difference in accuracy or operation, so at least on mine I'd say it doesn't matter.

Comment

• Rainman
      Staff Alumni
      • Apr 2011

I have an older milled TG, IIRC the recess' in the TG will give you clues. Never gave it much thought, but never had an issue. By the book is never a bad thing either.
      BLUE LIVES MATTER
      Lord, make my hand fast and accurate.
      Let my aim be true and my hand faster
      than those who would seek to destroy me.
      Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
      Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."
      And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home
      Let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Comment

• wrwindsor
        Administrator
        • Mar 2011

This particular TG doesn't have pin recesses. That would have made it easy.

Comment

Working...