Please keep our troops in your thoughts and prayers.
Our Premier Sponsors
Hawk's M14 Dummy Kits USATAC.com MandMini14.com LRB Arms of Long Island Ra Parts smithenterprise.com

Our Sponsors
M14.ca HueyGunner's Gunsmithingl Dwight's Gunleather Bill Ricca Machinegun Books

Thanks Thanks:  60
Likes Likes:  9
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Cross canons

Rounds Down Range
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cross canons

Sounds good to me.

Rounds Down Range
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4570govt View Post
    I know it, the Navy crossed cannons I have seen were at more of an angle and the type of cannons were the old Dahlgren guns of Civil War era? Anyhow those Crossed Cannons on that receiver are very nice!
    Sounds like the USArmy Ordnance Corps Regimental Insignia shown in the link below:

http://www.milbadges.com/corps/USA/ordnance

The other commonly seen ordnance device is the "shell and flame".

My brother's last command was the USArmy Industrial Operations Command at Rock Island Arsenal, Rock Island IL.

He lived in Quarters One which was built by General Rodman who developed a way to make cast iron gun tubes which were less likely to burst. The house Rodman built for himself is the 2nd largest residence in the US inventory - 2nd only to the White House. It is 3 stories with 20 some bedrooms, most with Italian marble fireplaces. I cannot recall how many square feet.

The craftsmen at the arsenal made a lot of details for the house including door hardware and fireplace andirons from melted down brass and bronze cannon tubes. The 1st floor andirons had large brass shell and flame ornamentation.

Heard a rumor that the General Services Admin sold Quarters One and it is no longer owned by the feds.
    Last edited by NMC_EXP; 10th April 2019 at 11:14 AM.
    “After all is said and done, successful rifle shooting on the range is nothing more than first finding a rifle and lot of ammunition which will do precisely the same thing shot after shot, and then developing the same skill in the rifleman.” ~ Capt. E. C. Crossman (The Book of the Springfield)

3. Thanks 4570govt thanked for this post
    Rounds Down Range
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NMC_EXP View Post
    The other commonly seen ordnance device is the "shell and flame".
    a.k.a. "flaming piss-pot"

5. Thanks VanHahner thanked for this post
    Likes NMC_EXP liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4