Please keep our troops in your thoughts and prayers.
Our Premier Sponsors
Hawk's M14 Dummy Kits USATAC.com MandMini14.com LRB Arms of Long Island Ra Parts smithenterprise.com

Our Sponsors
M14.ca HueyGunner's Gunsmithingl Dwight's Gunleather Bill Ricca Machinegun Books

Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Fathers Day "Eve" Cookout with Son

Rounds Down Range
    Post Thanks / Like

Fathers Day "Eve" Cookout with Son

It was just my Son and myself last night on the deck. We grilled a 2 pound Tuna steak and 2 pounds of Jumbo Shrimp.....nothing fancy....Tuna Steak was coated in olive oil, seasoned with sea salt and cracked pepper. The Shrimp were de-veined, coated with olive oil, and seasoned with Old Bay.....it was completely spectacular on the taste buds.

Of course, the best part was sitting on the deck all evening talking about current and future life events/paths with my Son. He's 12, the youngest but growing fast. 5' 7" tall and 160lbs....he's been lifting weights for the past couple months and really watching what he eats. His dream, and we discussed it a ton last night, is to play football at the Naval Academy, and graduate into the Marine Corps as an Officer. It's his dream, and no matter how slim the chances are, I won't deter him in trying.....

Tonight on the menu is Surf and Turf.....have some nice thick cut steaks from the side we butchered last month, and some fresh lobster tail.....of course, I'm looking forward to hearing more about his dream.

Happy Fathers Day!
    IYAOYAS!!!

Rounds Down Range
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fathers Day "Eve" Cookout with Son

Excellent. I like the way you guys watch what you eat. Thanks for sharing. My eldest son retired from the Coast Guard a couple of years ago after 30 years as an O-6. The years fly by so enjoy them while you can.
    I like your choice of menu items. Holy Cow.
    Art

3. Thanks XUSNORDIE, budster thanked for this post
    Rounds Down Range
    Post Thanks / Like

Great to have a goal at that age. Most kids today just want to play games on the computer or skateboard.
    I see no reason he can't obtain his dream if he stays the course!

Tonight is grilled hamburger steak for me. Wish it were a nice shell steak, but gums haven't healed enough for that after having 5 teeth pulled a couple weeks ago. Good thing I like burger meat steaks.....lol
    Semper-Fi! Hawk
    USMC 71-73

Life Member 3rd Mar Div Assoc.
    Life Member DAV
    Life Member M14RA (President)

Sparrowhawkm14dotcom Home of Hawk's M14 Dummy Kits(TM) and more

5. Thanks XUSNORDIE, budster thanked for this post
    Rounds Down Range
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nf1e View Post
    Excellent. I like the way you guys watch what you eat. Thanks for sharing. My eldest son retired from the Coast Guard a couple of years ago after 30 years as an O-6. The years fly by so enjoy them while you can.
    I like your choice of menu items. Holy Cow.
    Art
    He has a "list" of what he's interested in as a Military career. The top being an USNA grad/USMC Officer. The Coast Guard is on his list as well. He likes the law enforcement aspect of the USCG...especially Drug Interdiction Ops.

I spoiled myself this weekend with the menu.....I typically can't justify spending the dough for that stuff...; ) But I love grilling!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Great to have a goal at that age. Most kids today just want to play games on the computer or skateboard.
    I see no reason he can't obtain his dream if he stays the course!

Tonight is grilled hamburger steak for me. Wish it were a nice shell steak, but gums haven't healed enough for that after having 5 teeth pulled a couple weeks ago. Good thing I like burger meat steaks.....lol
    He plays his games, but sparingly and has no problem putting them down to go outside and help work in yard, explore the woods, ride bike, etc.....I am grateful for that. I certainly hope he stays the course!

Nothing wrong with grilled hamburger steak!.....enjoy!
    IYAOYAS!!!

7. Thanks Hawk, budster thanked for this post