You will need to Register or log in to view thread content. Registration is easy and use of the forum is always free!!! Once you have registered a email will be sent to you for verification. If you do not receive it, look in your spam folder, or use the contact us form at the bottom of the page.
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS!
Please keep our troops in your thoughts and prayers.
Our Premier Sponsors
Hawk's M14 Dummy Kits USATAC.com MandMini14.com LRB Arms of Long Island Ra Parts smithenterprise.com

Our Sponsors
M14.ca HueyGunner's Gunsmithingl Dwight's Gunleather Machinegun Books

Thanks Thanks:  43
Likes Likes:  27
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Re-stocked my 03A4 reproduction.

Designated Marksman Phil McGrath's Avatar
    Rounds Down Range
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Re-stocked my 03A4 reproduction.

The old school trick was too slide in a trimmed match book cover (.017) between the barrel and under the stocks fore tip.

2. Thanks VanHahner, polish29 thanked for this post
    Rounds Down Range
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phil McGrath View Post
    The old school trick was too slide in a trimmed match book cover (.017) between the barrel and under the stocks fore tip.
    Thanks Phil.
    The .015 brass 2" long wrapped 180 deg around barrel seems to help and keep things centered right/left at the same time.
    So nice, with this rifle, to now be able to call my hits within an inch. I am so tickled.
    Light 110 gr bullet makes things sweet.

4. Thanks 4570govt, VanHahner, wrwindsor, polish29 thanked for this post
    Rifleman
    Rounds Down Range
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice work! I have two '03s that may need this exact sort of attention. What is the best way to remove wood from the stock recoil bed? CC

Rounds Down Range
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Colt View Post
    Very nice work! I have two '03s that may need this exact sort of attention. What is the best way to remove wood from the stock recoil bed? CC
    I have a razor sharp 1/4 wood chisel that I use delicately when performing surgery. I mark the overly tight area with magic marker and remove tiny amounts of material at a time. Working on fitting a Macon stock on one of my Krags now using this same procedure.

7. Thanks canman, 4570govt, VanHahner, Hawk, polish29 thanked for this post
    Rounds Down Range
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Colt View Post
    To make the recoil lug bed deeper I used a 1/4" Dremel burr tool (cylinder that cuts both on the OD and at the tip) then finished up the corners with 1/4" chisel. Got to go slow and easy with the Dremel.
    “After all is said and done, successful rifle shooting on the range is nothing more than first finding a rifle and lot of ammunition which will do precisely the same thing shot after shot, and then developing the same skill in the rifleman.” ~ Capt. E. C. Crossman (The Book of the Springfield)

Machine Gunner
    Rounds Down Range
    Post Thanks / Like

Art: By repro: this isn't a Nat Ord, right ? This is another generation revision of 1903 you rebarreled to 7.62x51 and made an "A4" ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2