You will need to Register or log in to view thread content. Registration is easy and use of the forum is always free!!! Once you have registered a email will be sent to you for verification. If you do not receive it, look in your spam folder, or use the contact us form at the bottom of the page.
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS!
Please keep our troops in your thoughts and prayers.
Our Premier Sponsors
Hawk's M14 Dummy Kits USATAC.com MandMini14.com LRB Arms of Long Island Ra Parts smithenterprise.com

Our Sponsors
M14.ca HueyGunner's Gunsmithingl Dwight's Gunleather Machinegun Books

Thanks Thanks:  32
Likes Likes:  47
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Oow 1918a3 bar

Rounds Down Range
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Oow 1918a3 bar

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Brown View Post
    If anyone is interested I have a 1918 Colt for sale. It's an Ohio Ord. repro done for Colt in very limited numbers, a beautiful gun in a fitted leather case. It's unfired and hasn't even had the bolt opened. Give me a call. Oh, the serial number is 7.
    Would you care to share any pictures of that ?
    U.S.M.C. Scout Sniper 67-68

Section Leader
    Rounds Down Range
    Post Thanks / Like

wink Re: Oow 1918a3 bar

Here ya go... When I bought this I had plans to shoot it, but after seeing just how beautiful it is I knew I couldn't bring myself to even opening the bolt. It includes a nice Italian leather fitted case, two blued magazines, a Colt marked leather sling, Colt marked cleaning kit, manuals, and a certificate of authenticity. Ohio Ordnance made an unknown number of these semi-automatic versions of the BAR of which Colt kept out the first 20 for their "special customers" (I was not one of those so they were going to send me number 21. Seems someone on the Colt short list wanted number 21 so they offered me number 7 which I thought would probably be all right. I couldn't complain about it anyway. It cost more money than I have ever spent on a rifle. Since I don't want to shoot it I guess I'll have to sell it. ted@tedbrownrifles.com
    IMG_6609.jpgIMG_6610.jpgIMG_6611.jpg
    www.tedbrownrifles.com

Member and Recommended Armorer

3. Thanks VanHahner, wrwindsor, renisin, 6.5x68, RDS7.62 thanked for this post
    Likes VanHahner, renisin, RDS7.62 liked this post
    Rounds Down Range
    Post Thanks / Like

5. Likes renisin liked this post
    Section Leader
    Rounds Down Range
    Post Thanks / Like

If you drool on it and it gets rusty, you bought it!
    www.tedbrownrifles.com

Member and Recommended Armorer

7. Likes wrwindsor liked this post
    Rounds Down Range
    Post Thanks / Like

Roger that, just send me the bill !

Rounds Down Range
    Post Thanks / Like

Ted, that is a beautiful weapon. I understand you not wanting to shoot it and still I would want to shoot it!

REN

Fire Team Leader
    Rounds Down Range
    Post Thanks / Like

Ted-

Not firing it, I kinda/sorta understand. But to not even rack the bolt ? Now THAT takes some self discipline. Of which I do not possess.

I may not have fired it, but I would've at least field stripped it then cleaned/oiled it. That's the very first thing I do with every weapon I've owned (even if I just built it) !!

I don't think I could ever sell a weapon, as I never have. I still have the Armi Jaeger AP-74 .22 cal M-16 knock-off my Dad gave me for my 16th birthday many many moons ago. I don't think it has much value money-wise, but sentimental value is through the roof. Also the old Mossberg 16 ga. bolt action shotgun he gave me at age 12 or so for me to "restore" all on my own. I broke it down, refinished the stock and mowed many a yard to pay for the metal to be reblued. Did it ruin it's value ? Most certainly. But not in my eyes.

11. Likes VanHahner liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3