Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nf1e
    • Mar 2011

Savage Stealth 6.5 Creedmoor

Shot this 10 rnd group some time ago at 100 yds with my Savage Stealth in 6.5 Creedmoor. Whatta Hobby!

Sgt USMC
    RVN 67-68 I Corps
  • VanHahner
    Command Sgt Major
    • May 2011

Re: Savage Stealth 6.5 Creedmoor

Very nice and a tight group for sure and not surprising for a Savage model of that type.
    I would say that today if I had to pick a long bow off the shelf, with a choice between Remington, Winchester and Savage in a bolt. Savage would be my pick simply because of it's quality and price range.

SGT USMC 8541
    I CORPS 3RD MAR DIV
    RVN 67-68

Comment

• nf1e
      • Mar 2011

That would be my choice also.
      This is my choice line up. FN SPR runs a close second to the Savage followed up by Winchester. The Rem. 700s are decent after blueprinting, but no competition for the others. I find only folks that haven't shot anything else rave about the Remingtons. When they get a chance to compete, they are finding themselves left in the dust most of the time. Of coarse there is always going to be an exception.

1. Savage
      2. FN SPR
      3. Winchester
      4. Remington
      Sgt USMC
      RVN 67-68 I Corps

Comment

• pitbulz21
        Platoon Sgt
        • Sep 2013

I’ve got the stealth in 6.5 and 308 and can say, Savage is on to something with the chassis rifles they’re putting out today! Both of mine make shooting tight groups easy. Took the 308 to 1200 meters on 12” steel and the 6.5 to a mile. Love those rifles.
        sigpicWinning White Team Member 2015 Winter Solstice M1 Garand / AR15 Postal Shoot

Comment

• 4570govt
          • Mar 2011

I have noticed that Howa or the Weatherby Vanguard(made by Howa) are some real sleepers too, you would have to spend a great deal to markedly outperform them!
          "Keep 'em in the 10 Ring!"

Comment

Working...