X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • suitcase
    Rifleman
    • Apr 2011

Carbine Ejection Issues

Can a carbine ejector and/or extractor be tuned to throw the brass in a particular direction? My carbine throws most of the brass in about the 2 o`clock direction but about 10% goes forward in the 11 to 1 o`clock direction. I have replaced the recoil spring, the extractor and spring and the ejector spring with no change. Also, this occurs with three different types of factory ammunition (LC 52, LC 72 and Korean 80) and two different reloads that I have fired through it.
  • VanHahner
    Command Sgt Major
    • May 2011

Re: Carbine Ejection Issues

I have one commercial that ejects almost straight-up and to the front. I can alter it by changing the ejector plunger style, but I sort of like being able to easily find my brass.

After shooting the S'G', that I acquired a couple weeks ago, I noticed that all of the shell...

SGT USMC 8541
    I CORPS 3rd MAR DIV
    RVN 67-68

Comment

• suitcase
      Rifleman
      • Apr 2011

It will be after Christmas before I will get to verify the plunger and slide style. My receiver is an Inland from 1942 but the rifle was rebuilt sometime with later parts. I also have issues with the slide stop plunger not holding which I understand is usually caused by an elongated hole in the slide.

Comment

• chief on one
        Platoon Sgt
        • Jan 2013

I had the problem of the brass ejecting straight up :::: fixed this by going to a type 5 or 6 slide. ;;;; Look up ;; www.the U.S. Caliber .30 Carbine. ;;; than click on slides.
        Last edited by chief on one; 22 December 2020, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Working...