You will need to Register or log in to view thread content. Registration is easy and use of the forum is always free!!! Once you have registered a email will be sent to you for verification. If you do not receive it, look in your spam folder, or use the contact us form at the bottom of the page.
Please keep our troops in your thoughts and prayers.
Our Premier Sponsors
Hawk's M14 Dummy Kits MandMini14.com LRB Arms of Long Island smithenterprise.com buladefense.com

Our Sponsors
M14.ca The M14 Rifle Association HueyGunner's Gunsmithingl Dwight's Gunleather Machinegun Books
Thanks Thanks:  43
Likes Likes:  66
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: LRB Receiver Group Buy Update

Rifleman
    Rounds Down Range
    Post Thanks / Like

wink Re: LRB Receiver Group Buy Update

Quote Originally Posted by LRBarms View Post
    Dropped off 10 M14BR receivers at heat treat on Friday 5/7/21, then went to JVP to check status of remaining receivers. Per attached pics, top row are 99% done. I should get these next week to inspect. Second row are balance of M14BR receivers which have to be deburred and polished before I get them. LOU
    Looking great and solid there Lou. It is what it is as they say for the current situation due to covid19. You all doing a great job there at LRB ARMS. Appreciate all that you all do for us here.

BTW...................lookly there my twins on the bottom shelf with 5 receivers on it. might be them on the 1st and 2nd on the right I reckon.

2. Thanks nf1e thanked for this post
    Likes nf1e liked this post
    Rounds Down Range
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: LRB Receiver Group Buy Update

Are we still looking at mid-June for a finished time line?

Squad Leader
    Rounds Down Range
    Post Thanks / Like

I wrote LRB Monday as I am planning to drive over to pick mine up when ready and got this reply yesterday:

Your receiver is currently at heat treat. After inspection, it’ll go for manganese phosphate. I would estimate about 4 weeks until they’re completed. We’re getting there!

Assuming they want to release all the group buy receivers at the same time, there's your answer ^^^^

5. Thanks JEFFJP_N_JJ, wrwindsor, Shomway thanked for this post
    Likes nf1e liked this post
    Rounds Down Range
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you M1 Sniper!!!!

Fire Team Leader
    Rounds Down Range
    Post Thanks / Like

However M1Sniper's receiver was in the group of 10 that went to heat treat 5/7 so you might be longer...

Rounds Down Range
    Post Thanks / Like

You guys who ordered receivers, can be glad you did when you did !

Prices of steel have now surged by nearly 210% since August 2020 !

https://www.spglobal.com/platts/en/m...er%20of%202020.
    U.S.M.C. Scout Sniper 67-68

9. Thanks chief on one, 4570govt thanked for this post
    Likes nf1e, migunshooter, JEFFJP_N_JJ liked this post
    FNG
    Rounds Down Range
    Post Thanks / Like

I spoke to Diana about 2 weeks ago and we discussed barrel and bolt options. I was also told the first batch had been sent to heat treat and would then be inspected before final coating. As a small manufacturer: I am seeing huge delays in every process that I am not able to preform in house. Even some of the processes that we preform in house are interrupted because of difficulty procuring some materials. Then add to the issue by not being able to staff your organization because some people would rather sit at home and receive handouts. I am sure that LRB is experiencing these same issues if not to a greater extent than I am seeing in my area. So I am patiently wait knowing that this to shall all be worth it in the end. And to keep my spirits up I have this sitting in my office.

IMG_1485 - small.jpg

11. Likes 4570govt, Hawk, VanHahner, nf1e, JEFFJP_N_JJ liked this post
    Squad Leader
    Rounds Down Range
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VanHahner View Post
    You guys who ordered receivers, can be glad you did when you did !

Prices of steel have now surged by nearly 210% since August 2020 !

https://www.spglobal.com/platts/en/m...er%20of%202020.
    I have a 1st year John Deere 450- it got massively damaged when a skidder lost control and flung the 450 down a steep embankment, ripping the tracks off. I just did brakes and steering clutches. It is worth more as scrap- despite having a 6 way blade- than fixing.

Receivers if even available this fall, are going to go through the roof.

I am glad I got mine. I wanted it commemorate a group of people that I very much like and admire(except for one or two odd sh#theads). I had though of selling my receiver as I was unsure of date of delivery and the caliber barrel I wanted was not available, worries because worrying another hobby of mine, and the fact that I forgot- "Good things come to those who wait."

Good things to those who wait. I have no regrets with my receiver and I am glad to get it.

13. Thanks VanHahner thanked for this post
    Likes nf1e, 4570govt, JEFFJP_N_JJ, VanHahner liked this post
    Fire Team Leader
    Rounds Down Range
    Post Thanks / Like

Its odd times we are living in... I am glad i got in on this group buy. i hate waiting, but it is worth the wait! I put together a parts kit to build this receiver into a rifle and nearly have enough parts to build a second now.

15. Likes nf1e liked this post
    Designated Marksman
    Rounds Down Range
    Post Thanks / Like

Covid flipped us totally upside down and exposed the crazy that is our new normal. I don't like it, but dont have a say in it. Just what it is.
    I deal with it 40 hours a week also, so I will not throw any stones. LRB's reputation is solid, so I will stick with this.
    I hope that in the end, when the dust has settled, LRB and JVP remember the employees that stuck with them and also the ones that did not.

17. Thanks JEFFJP_N_JJ, Hawk thanked for this post
    Likes JEFFJP_N_JJ, migunshooter, Hawk liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast