Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • M14.CA
    • Mar 2024

Notes on M14.ca's M14/M1A CASM Scope Mount

Just a few notes that is not found on my web site. Please feel free to call me (Frank) direct 7 days a week at 250 721 3444 or send a note by email to [email protected] and I'd be happy to answer any and all questions about installation or technical details about the mount design or concept.

1. Removing the M14 rear iron sights which weigh 2.8oz and adding a 3.8oz. CASM GEN II scope mount (with backup sight) to your M14 adds only 1oz. of weight to your rifle. In this regard, the CASM is the lightest M14 scope mount solution ever made.

2. The CASM GEN II scope mount sets up in the rear sight pocket of your M14. This mounting location offers the following advantages: A. It allows you to mount a scope or short eye releif scope further rearward. B. For heavier scopes, the rearward position affords a slightly better tipping point balance than 3 point designs forward of the iron sights (i.e., rearward optics weight shift).

3. The CASM GEN II (6.25") and the CASM GEN II "EX" (9.25") are the longest M14 scope mounts available and are part of a greater "system" we designed for the M14 that we termed "Stepped Plane Optics on the M14-type Rifle." (Download PDF).

4. The CASM GEN II scope mount will never require any form of gunsmithing. This cannot be said of any other M14 scope mount, particularly those that are based on the Brookfield Precision Tool 3 point design.

5. While the built-in non-adjustable rear BUS included with the CASM mount may not be as convenient or as fine in adjustment as the M14 rear sight it replaces, for use as a true BUS system, intended primarily for back up or emergency use, with instant access to iron sights with the optic mounted, with iron sights that are zeroed for practical use at practical distances, the BUS works well, we say, 250 meters.

6. The CASM scope mount is a scope mount that is double-locked with additional set screws (each of the large 1/4-20 and the 5/16-18 steel fasteners have their own 10-24 socket set set screw to lock them in place). With the supplied blue Loctite, you are triple locking the mount to the receiver to ensure nothing will shoot loose.

7. The CASM scope mount is the only M14-type scope mount that is adjustable for elevation prior to installation therefore even if you run out of come ups on your scope for extremely long range, you can adjust the mount.
    Last edited by Guest; 16 June 2013, 09:54 AM.
Working...